Evaluating Sources - Remember Your ABCDs
A - Author
- Who wrote the information? Why should you trust them? Are they an expert on the subject?
- If you can't find an author, is there an organization that is taking credit for the work?
B - Bias
- What is the article or website's purpose? What is their point-of-view?
- Are they trying to educate or inform you? Or are they trying to sell you something?
- Does the information only take one side of an issue?
C - Content
- Is the information relevant to your research topic?
- Does it seem thorough, complete, and accurate?
- Are there any grammar or spelling errors?
- Are there references for the information?
D - Date
- When was the information published?
- When was the website last updated?